The office has a general civil practice, divided among the following principal areas:
- Real Estate, including purchase and sale, leases, landlord and tenant matters, evictions, property management, zoning, tax abatements, real estate development, and construction defect claims
- Domestic Relations, particularly divorce, separation, name changes, QDRO’s and pension division, and child support
- Income Taxes, collection negotiations, and depreciation schedules for business property
- Business Law including incorporation, partnership agreements, limited liability corporations and partnerships; annual reports, sales tax registration; business startup and financing
- Civil Service Law: We are the foremost specialists in public sector employment in Massachusetts, particularly civil service law, helping clients with eligibility, examinations, hiring, discipline, layoffs and retirement. Clients can be municipal, state, and federal employees, applicants, and agencies. LEARN MORE
- Estate Planning: We have many estate planning clients who use our services preparing wills, durable powers of attorneys, and living wills. We also represent clients in will contests, estate administration, and filing estate taxes. We have developed our own documents to explain estate issues including detailed memorandum on funeral planning, organ and tissue donations, and other issues dealing with one's body after death. We have our own informative brochure for durable powers of attorney: "Before You Go."Click here for a copy
- Other, including contract drafting, consumer complaints, collection of debts, and defamation.