Authorities: Statutes and significant cases
- Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 31, Civil Service
- Castro v. Beecher, 365 F. Supp. 655 (1973). In this opinion Judge Charles Wyzanski, sets out the categories for certification of police applicants to racially integrate urban police departments. He also created the system for bypassing, that is still used, wherein the employer must give reasons for bypassing a candidate.
- Castro v. Beecher, 386 F. Supp. 1281 (1975) In this opinion Judge Caffrey dealt with residency preference and Section II of the Order, lists the order of preferences on certifications.
- Civil Service Commission filing fees memo (89k Adobe Acrobat PDF)
- Civil Service Commission filing fees: ratesCivil Service Commission filing fees: rates (41k Adobe Acrobat PDF)