GALEN GILBERT has practiced law since 1976, when he passed the Massachusetts Bar examination. First he worked for the firm of Schlesinger and Schlesinger, doing collection law. Then for seven years he was the first General Counsel for the state Civil Service Commission. He left to become General Counsel for the Fenway Community Development Corporation. At the same time he opened a law office, which has continued to this day.
There are five reported court decisions which record Mr. Gilbert´s name as counsel:
- Town Of Brookline vs. Commissioner Of The Department Of Environmental Quality Engineering (air pollution regulation), 398 Mass. 404;
- Dwyer vs. Commissioner of Insurance (limited veteran preference in state employment), 375 Mass. 227
- Superintendent Of Belchertown State School vs. Civil Service Commission (the use of old charges in employee discipline), 9 Mass. App. Ct. 756;
- Hogarth vs. Sheriff Of Suffolk County (An employee´s right to a pre-discharge hearing), 29 Mass. App. Ct. 1009.
- Malloch v. Town of Hanover, (statutory interpretation, G. L. c. 31, 5 (l),) 472 Mass. 783 (2015)